Saturday, April 6, 2013

April, the Month of the Cold Shower: Day 6 (Health Benefits)

April 6, 2013

There has actually been quite a bit written on the benefits of taking a cold shower.  I'm not excatly sure if the theories hold up, scientifically, but I'm pretty sure that there are some great health benefits.  Here is one article I found on The Art of Manliness website that touts health benefits from taking a cold shower:

The James Bond Shower: A Shot of Cold Water for Health and Vitality

In summary of this article, there are seven health benefits of cold showers:
  1. Improves circulation.
  2. Relieves depression.
  3. Keeps skin and hair healthy.
  4. Strengthens immunity.
  5. Increased testosterone (sorry ladies).
  6. Increases fertility.
  7. Increases energy and well-being.
I can definitely see #1, as I have already mentioned previously that the cold shower results in a warming up effect.  #7 also, for sure, as I have day-long energy after a chilly shower in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment