Sunday, April 14, 2013

April, the Month of the Cold Shower: Day 14 (Shower for World Peace)

April 14, 2013

Back in my homeland in Minnesota, we would usually try swimming in April as soon as the snow had melted off of the lake.  This is some of the coldest water I have ever experienced, aside from glacial-fed lakes in the high country of the Colorado Rockies (the subject for another post series).  After jumping in and out of the early-spring water, we would dry off as fast as possible and warm up by the campfire.  As the fire warmed you up, you would start to experience a very calm, peaceful feeling.  It wasn't like feeling tired or drained of energy, but more of a relaxed, super-aware state of mind.  The rest of the day would go by well and you would feel calm, agreeable, and very content with life in general.

Could cold showering be a part of the world peace equation?

I've noticed that my days now go by very pleasantly, I don't let little things get to me, and when any conflict arises, I am able to resolve it quickly and effectively.

Conclusion #7: Cold showers help you chill out (pun very much intended!).

See also:
April, the Month of the Cold Shower: Day 3 (April showers bring May flowers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment