Monday, July 16, 2012

A Winter in Korea with No Heat

For the last year or so, I have been following Marshallogue, the daily blog of Marshall Jones, Jr.  Marshall is an American teaching English in South Korea and he is quite a character.  I find his posts amusing, intellectual, and exciting; I’ve subscribed to his blog and I receive his posts via e-mail so I can follow his adventures teaching abroad.  He is sometimes philosophical, way out there, downright funny, and always interesting.

Take, for example, his no heat experiment.  Marshall is continually running experiments, just to see what happens, and his topics range all over the place, but my favorite to-date is the no heat experiment.  For this, he turned off his heater for the entire winter in Seoul!  Check out the summary here:

http://marshalljonesjr.com/no-heater-experiment/

With as hot as it has been here in the US lately, I sure wish I was in Korea in the middle of winter with no heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment