Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Green Coffee?!

I just set up shop in a Starbucks to get a little work done and I was offered a sample of Starbucks Refreshers, a new product that they have rolled out today!  Refreshers are made from green coffee extract.  Green coffee?  What in the world is this?!

Apparently, black coffee takes on its flavor from the roasting process.  As the raw, green beans are toasted to varying degrees of darkness, the signature flavor and aroma develops.  Starbucks has taken an extract from the green coffee bean and uses this as the basis for this new drink.  It still has caffeine from the unroasted bean but none of the flavor of coffee.  I tried both of the flavors, Very Berry Hibiscus and Cool Lime (I liked the latter better).  It tastes just like a fruit drink and I couldn't detect any bitterness from the caffeine.  Refreshers come in cans, Via packets, and, iced drinks made right in the cafe.  I was given a coupon for half-off a pack of Vias.  This Friday only, they are offering a free Refresher.  Check it out!

http://www.starbucks.com/refreshers/en-us

No comments:

Post a Comment