Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thoughts II

In following up from my post a month or so ago about the uncertainty of the economy, I did find an excellent option that seems that could be a great idea: teaching English in Korea.

I found this website called Dave's ESL Cafe (http://www.eslcafe.com/) that has all kinds of job postings, information about Korea, and application advice on how to get a job teaching English in South Korea.  The programs will pay you a monthly stipend to teach ESL in public schools or private academies and will cover your health insurance, tax, pension, and the best part- your housing.  Plus, at the end of your one-year contract, you receive one month's severance.

I know from two trips to Korea that it has a low cost of living, so with housing covered it would be a great way to get over part of the struggle of living here in the good old US of A.  Having in-laws over there would help me settle in and I think that I should be able to dig in, learn how to speak Korean, and enjoy a comfortable existance.

More to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link there, and good luck on finding a job. Let me know if you need any advice, I've got 3 years of experience in Seoul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms. Cho!

    I would definitely be interested in speaking with you about your experiences. Do you mind if I e-mail you?

    ReplyDelete