Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wine Tasting Notes - Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

Wine Tasting Notes - Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

I had a bottle of Corbett Canyon's Cabernet Sauvignon a couple of weeks back and I enjoyed a glass or two out on the porch after the sun went down.  The color presented more clear than any other cab I have ever seen.  Most of the other wines of this variety that I have seen have a more opaque, sometimes cloudy quality to them, but this wine had a noticeable shine to it.

I was not overly impressed with the Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon.  The aroma was nondescript, almost vinegary.  The taste was more fruit-forward than I prefer, bursting with the flavor of ripe cherries and grape juice.  Not a bad taste, and the price can't be beat.  I just don't see myself choosing this wine to enjoy with friends.

http://www.corbettcanyon.com/wines.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment