Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I like about wine

Drinking wine is always an experience. I like inspecting the bottle, checking out the label, wrestling the cork out, pouring it into the glass, taking a whiff, savoring the aroma, taking that first sip, and enjoying the whole experience of it. I always drink wine with my wife or with my friends; it's not a solo experience, meant to be shared with the company of others. I've never been much of a cocktail drinker, except for the occassional gin and tonic or martini. I'm too young for Scotch. I love beer. There is just something special about wine. I tend to like the dry red varieties over the sweeter ones, and wine and my favorite season (autumn) go together well. Here's to a great wine autumn together- happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment