Friday, June 29, 2012

Top Ten Baby Things We Bought

#6 - HoMedics Soundspa Lullaby

I like this machine.  I mean, I really like it!  Yawn... just thinking about it makes me want to curl up and take a nap.  We got this when our daughter was about eight months old and still having a hard time sleeping through the night and we thought that it might help her fall asleep without us holding her the whole time.  This was just what we needed!

It's pretty neat- it comes with three different discs that you can insert so the machine projects different pictures on the ceiling.  There is a jungle scene, a nighttime sky, and ocean animals (our little angel likes the night sky the best- it has cute pictures of a moon reading a book, smiling stars, sheep, a cow jumping over the moon, and a moon with a night cap on).  It plays a few different sounds, so you can experiment and figure out which one your baby likes the best or switch it up from time to time.  Again, our little one had a favorite- Rock-A-Bye Baby, but it also plays the Brahms Lullabye, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, a heartbeat, rain, and the ocean.  It has a timer on it, but we usually just let it go until she falls asleep, then we switch it off.

It works so well it actually puts me to sleep, too!  I usually wake up after 10-15 minutes, see my daughter fast asleep, and then I can sneak out of the room.

http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-3000-Soundspa-Lullaby-White/dp/B000QTSW64

No comments:

Post a Comment