Monday, July 1, 2013

July: The Month of Green Tea

Well, I have long considered the impacts of giving up coffee cold turkey.  I am an avid coffee drinker and usually consume around 3 cups of my beloved black brew every morning, so this task would certainly be daunting at best, miserable at worst.  On a few occassions, I did quit coffee for a day or two and experienced unbelievable headaches from caffeine withdrawl, so I would like to see what would happen if I just replaced coffee with an alternate form of caffeine.

I considered changing to pop and having a couple cans of Coke every morning, but I don't like the amount of sugar and the artificial sweeteners in diet cola give me a headache.  I also thought about 5-hour Energy or Rockstar Energy drinks, but people go to the hospital after drinking those and it seems a little too intense for me.

So I have declared July to be the month of green tea.  This experiment will involve me completely dropping my daily coffee intake and replacing it with green tea to see how this affects me.  I like green tea and it has numerous health benefits, so I will keep you updated as the month progresses.

See also:
Change the Culture!
April, the Month of the Cold Shower

No comments:

Post a Comment