Friday, May 24, 2013

Learning to Use Chopsticks (젓가락)

Learning to Use Chopsticks (젓가락)

Korean chopsticks are typically made out of metal, so when I first met my wife and we were dating, we would go to a Korean deli, or we would go on picnics and she would pack a Korean lunch for us.  I always like trying new foods, especially Korean foods, but my chopstick skills were always lacking, and quite humorous!

After being married for a couple of years, I managed to figure out a way to use chopsticks, but my form wasn't correct.  I would sort of pinch the ends and wiggle them around, which would work for a while, but my hand would get pretty tired after a meal.

So, this past summer I finally broke down and purchased a set of adult training chopsticks from the Korean market that we visit.  The kind ajummas at the market were giggling as I checked out the different Pororo character chopsticks made for kids before I settled on this set:

After using this device for about two weeks, I tried switching over to my Korean chopsticks and I could use them like a pro!  These Adult Training Chopsticks hold your hand in the correct position and guide your fingers to the correct angles.  They also make a left-handed set for you lefties out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment