Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Travel Tips - Chicago O'Hare Airport

Travel Tips - Chicago O'Hare Airport

On a recent business trip, I had the opportunity to explore the Chicago O'Hare Airport (ORD) on a four-hour layover and I would like to share a few of my discoveries and tips.  First of all, the airport is huge!  I didn't get the chance to check out all of the terminals and concourses on my visit, but I did explore G, K, and L a bit as I was wandering about, waiting for my flight.

Tip #1 – Make sure your phone and laptop are charged before you arrive at the airport.  My phone was down to 6% before I finally found a charging station near the Starbucks by the security area (I think it is Terminal 3).  Electrical outlets are few and far between and the ones that I did find either didn't work (worn out, no juice, etc.) or were in use.

Tip #2 – Eat at Wolfgang Puck's.  I ordered the turkey melt and I was very impressed.  They put thyme on the French fries, which was pretty neat.

Tip #3 – Use the family/companion restroom.  It is clean and they have this neat automatic plastic toilet seat cover that changes when you wave your hand.  It’s also in a quiet part of the airport so you don’t need to feel hurried/rushed if you have to change clothes, wash up, etc.

See also:
Five Things I Love about Omahaians
O'Hare International Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment