Friday, August 10, 2012

Heat Wave

It is so hot outside!  They say we're supposed to cool off over the weekend, but I am melting away!  I get so irritable when it's hot like this and it has been absolutely stifling.  I think I’ll go off on a rant about summer, as long as we’re on the subject!

I hate summer.  I always have and I think that I always will.  Summer gets all of the attention for the best season: sunshine, sunglasses, pretty drinks with umbrellas in them, pools, lemonade, ice cream…

You can keep it, summer.  Except for the ice cream, that belongs to me.

To me, summer means one thing: heat.  I hate heat.  I hate being hot and sweaty.  Why is summer painted as the most romantic and exciting season?  I don’t think of long walks on the beach, I only think of long lines of sweat trickling slowly down my back and pooling up on my waist, leaving a mysterious stain on my shirt.  I hate it!  I can’t stand the heat, and yes, I will stay out of the kitchen!  Unless the air conditioning is on.  The only thing I like about summer is barbecue.

The thing is, I always liked being in school, so having all of that free time was nice for a few weeks, but then it was boring.  I liked camping for a few weeks, and then I would miss school.  Autumn is my favorite season because I like the fall colors, going back to school, football, the smell of burning leaves, apples, pumpkin pie, turkey… the list goes on.  I like wearing a sweater and feeling cold.

Summer, go away!  I detest you and your heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment